uzERP is an Open Source modular business system designed for Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SME) or owner managed businesses. The system has modules that touch every business function:
- Lead and Opportunity tracking
- Customer Relationship management (CRM) including Activities and Campaigns
- “Order to cash” processing for both the sales and purchase processes including trade counter operations
- Asset and Project management
- Accounting - Sales, Purchase and General Ledger plus Cash Book
- Manufacturing management including requirements planning and shop floor data collection
- Stock Management with multi location Warehousing
- HR - personnel details, holiday & training records
- Quality and customer service monitoring
- Engineering and Maintenance task tracking
The Open Source nature of uzERP means that a business can implement any modules that are applicable to their environment. uzERP comes with no licensing cost, organisations can implement uzERP in a phased way without the big bang approach needed to get a quick payback from traditional upfront licence fees.
uzERP is web based so is accessible from any PC or Mac using a web browser - no client software is required.
Progressive disclosure provides a rich user experience with drop down menus, context sensitive defaults and lists. uzERP’s clutter free workspace presents users with a familiar environment that can be navigated intuitively:
- List based displays provide a familiar ‘spreadsheet like’ interface to data
- All lists are searchable and printable meaning users can get the information they need quickly and easily
- In-list Links allow for progressive disclosure so users get the information they need quickly and intuitively
- A configurable and context sensitive sidebar provides access to more information or extra operations
- [[uzLETs|User-Manual/uzLETS]] provide desktop shortlists, graphs and quick links that put information right in front of users
Will uzERP work in my business?
uzERP is extremely flexible and is used by manufacturing, distribution and service businesses.
In a Manufacturing environment uzERP can support with make to stock, make to order and process type environments. There are facilities to enter multi-level product structures (BOMs), process routes and operations, sub-contracted operations and to ‘late configure’ at works order entry. Materials can be auto-booked to works orders using backflushing and there are views to see over/under yields and production scrap.
Goods received or made can be booked to holding locations for inspection before being released to production or sale. There are facilities to record shop floor performance and overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) plus online views of supply and demand by product group for planning shop floor loading.
For Distributors there is multi-warehousing with user defined locations that can be bin controlled if required. In addition, locations can be marked as pickable, saleable or no balance to manage the movement of items through the operation. Trade counter and quick single item sale operations are available as well as consolidation of pallets for larger deliveries.
Full logistics paperwork (order acknowledgements, pick lists, despatch notes, warehouse transfer documents) is available.
To help sales desk employees pick the correct product for customers there is also an innovative product selector. This allows saleable items to mapped onto an end use - for instance a make/model/year - the operator is then presented with a list of items which are right for a particular situation.
Service businesses can benefit from the integrated CRM and product management functionality - including the ability to book time to projects. The facility to specify a service price list by group or customer - for example specifying hourly rates - means customers are always billed correctly for services rendered.
The above is just a small subset of what uzERP can do. We would suggest that you check out the Demo online to get a flavour of what uzERP can do for your business.